The Backpacks of Love Mission
Backpacks of Love is committed to eliminating hunger in school-age boys and girls by providing nourishing food for their weekends.
Who We Are:
Imagine leaving school on Friday and not having another meal until returning to school on Monday. That’s the reality for a growing number of hungry children in the communities we serve. Backpacks of Love, Inc. was founded in Powhatan, VA in 2011 by Bobby Fulcher. As a child, Mr. Fulcher experienced the struggles of not having adequate food to eat. His passion to feed children is his personal mission. This passion led to action, based on a simple yet profound philosophy: No child should go hungry!
We strive to serve communities where no child worries about their next meal.
Backpacks of Love, Inc. is committed to eliminating hunger in school-age boys and girls by providing food for their weekends.
Our Shared Values:
- Stewardship: We will use the resources entrusted to us to maximize their effectiveness for our cause.
- Responsibility: Everyone has a part to play in solving hunger.
- Service: There is an opportunity for everyone to give of themselves in a meaningful way.
- Community: Together, we can accomplish more than we can apart.
- Dignity: Every child deserves to be fed (and to not be hungry).
- Education: Children who are not hungry will learn, graduate, and go on to live productive lives.
Who We Serve:
Backpacks of Love currently serves needy children in Powhatan, Cumberland, Buckingham, and Chesterfield (VA) Counties – and plans to expand to other Central Virginia Counties in 2018!